top of page

Address passive job seekers through active sourcing

According to various studies, only 15% of job seekers are actively looking for a new job at any given time. The remaining 85% of job seekers are considered passive.

active and passive job seekers | talentmonkeys

Why reach only 15% of potential job seekers via conventional job platforms when you can make 100% out of them?!

Passive job seekers are individuals who are currently employed and not actively seeking a new job. Yet they may be open to new opportunities if the right one comes along. They are generally satisfied with their current position but are willing to consider a change if the offer is truly compelling and matches their interests.

On the other hand, active job seekers are actively looking for new employment opportunities and are rather driven to find a job quickly. They are either unemployed, underemployed, or simply looking for a better opportunity.

Even today, there are still companies that merely target the 15% of active job seekers to fill their vacancies, missing out on untapped talent and growth potential..In fact, passive job seekers can be particularly attractive to employers as they combine up-to-date industry knowledge with valuable experience.

But how to reach these 85% and unlock the potential?

Well, first, companies have to become aware of whom they are talking to. According to studies, a significant share of passive job seekers is made up of Millennials, Gen Z, and Gen Alpha. As a result, the specific job search behavior can impact the job market as a whole, shaping entire recruiting strategies.

Gen Z, and Alpha are the generations that have grown up with technology and are always connected. This means that they expect instant access to information and are constantly using social media and messaging apps. As a result, companies need to adapt their recruitment strategies to reach these candidates.

LinkedIn and active sourcing have become essential tools for recruiters to reach these generations. Social media platforms like LinkedIn allow recruiters to search for candidates and connect with them directly. This is especially important as Gen Z, and Alpha are less likely to respond to traditional recruitment methods like job ads.

However, with the constant access to technology, these generations also expect a quick response from recruiters. This means that recruiters need to be proactive and respond quickly to candidates' messages and inquiries.

In conclusion, active sourcing is an important recruitment strategy for companies in today's competitive job market especially in regard to the new generations on the market. It enables companies to identify and approach candidates who may not be actively looking for a job but have the skills and experience needed for the position. By using active sourcing, companies can access a wider pool of candidates, increase diversity, and improve their employer branding. Ultimately, this leads to a higher quality of candidates and a stronger pipeline of potential hires, making active sourcing a valuable tool for any company looking to attract and retain top talent.

bottom of page